Monday, January 16, 2012

Inspirational Ladies

If I could change -or rather- improve one thing about myself it would be to become much more self-reliable and motivated. I have all these fantastic ideas about starting a vintage shop, and I have made a couple attempts, first with renting a booth at a flea market then opening an Etsy shop. Unfortunately I tend to run out of steam and these projects disappear into oblivion. I'm determined not to let that happen this time around. I know it's going to be hard to accomplish this goal, especially considering I work a full-time day job. The key, I think, is to keep myself inspired. I find what does the trick is reading blogs written by real people who are successfully living their dream. Here are a couple of my favorites:

Elsie writes the fantastic blog A Beautiful Mess, where she shares great ideas about staying organized and motivated, and I especially enjoy her tips on what it's like to own a vintage boutique.


 

Stefanie & Erin are the super sweet duo of Oh So Lovely. It's been wonderful to read about their journey, from renovating an old trailer they named "Olive" to finally opening (after a bit of a bumpy road) their own brick and mortar shop Rhymes With Orange.



Reading about these fabulous ladies everyday gives me tons of ideas for my own aspiring blog and shop, AND the confidence to keep at it.

2 comments:

  1. I follow all those lovely ladies blogs & adore them all so much! :)
    I hope you are having a great week.
    You have a sweet blog!
    much love, colie.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay my first comment!
      Thank you for the kind words :)

      Delete